Living the Steward’s Lifestyle
As believers, we are given different gifts. Some of us are given the gift of serving, some giving, some encouraging, and some leading. Although we have been given these different gifts, God wants us to use them to work toward the same goal—that of building the Church of Christ through works of service to Him. No one gift is more important than another. Our work for Christ continues until God’s goal is reached, that of uniting all people, “in faith and in knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:13). The Holy Spirit works through God’s Word and Sacrament. We are then enabled to use our gifts and talents to bless others and to build His Church here on earth. At Redeemer Lutheran Church, we are given the opportunity to serve God by:
• PRAYING: It’s good for each of us to begin and end each day with devotion and prayer. In addition, Redeemer has enthusiastic Prayer Chain and Prayer Shawl Ministries which work to bring before God’s our joys and sadness, our request for healing, and our praises and thanksgivings.
• WORSHIPPING: It is the duty of each Christian to worship our Heavenly Father with words and songs of praise each day. On Sunday, we gather together in special services as followers of Christ to hear His word, sing His praises, offer prayers and receive His blessings by means of the Lord’s Supper. We also have many opportunities to grow in faith through a rich variety of Bible studies throughout the week.
• WITNESSING: We are all selected to be the mouth, feet, and hands of the Holy Spirit. Through Him we seek to bring others to a saving faith in God. The Apostle Paul calls us to be “Ambassadors for Christ” and present His appeal to the nations. Redeemer offers a variety of opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus with our neighbors and those in need throughout our community and world. It is through the relationships we build with family, friends, and those we have contact that we are able to bring Christ to others.
• SERVING: We believe the Kingdom of God is to be lived out through acts of love and kindness. We need to be out with the people of the world showing the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. People are more willing to receive the Good News when they see it lived out in the lives of God’s people. We have groups of members that participate in the Lutheran Hour Ministries, Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, Warrington Emergency Aid Center, Curry House, Operation Christmas Child, Thrivent Community Outreach, Relay for Life and the support of active missionaries in Africa.
• GIVING: Redeemer Lutheran Church exists to help God’s people grow in faith and build relationships for eternity. Philippians 4:19 says “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. One of God’s gifts to people is the heart for giving. The financial support of those who are a part of Redeemer Lutheran Church allows us to connect with people in a way that encourages people to do these things. We are grateful to our congregation and friends whose donations fully and entirely support the church and all its ministries. Redeemer Lutheran Church is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. “For where your treasure is, there your heart is also.” Matthew 12:34
• BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS: Christian relationships are designed to help us grow upward in relationship with God, inward in relationship with other believers, and outward in our relationship with people outside the Kingdom of God. Jesus lived a balanced life in these three areas. Our relationships are opportunities to help us live out this kind of balanced life too. They offer us great fellowship, growth in Christ, and service to the world around us. “Pairs and Spares” groups offer us the chance to connect with God, fellow believers, and those outside our fellowship in a non-threatening way to develop closer relationships to Him. That’s the Steward’s Lifestyle. When God’s Word and love fill our hearts and minds, our stewardship is not limited to specific acts. They become a Lifestyle. With transformed hearts, we express our faith in the way we live our lives. God provides us with the motivation and power. We commit our time, gifts, and resources to serve Him.